Ready to build a patio enclosure, screened porch? When building aluminum screen enclosures, Dulando Screen and Awning is prepared to create your new living space just the way you want it – with custom design to complement your home, expert workmanship and top quality materials. If you’re going to build on to your home, you want the new addition to function and look its best!
We offer a variety of aluminum screen enclosures from major manufacturers.
By using Aluma-wood, your aluminum screen enclosures will:
- offer a clean look
- a lifetime of durability
- none of the disadvantages of wood like rotting, warping, peeling, burning or cracking.
Top quality aluminum construction keeps your porch or patio looking new and elegant for years to come, plus it’s virtually maintenance free.
Some homeowners may opt for screened patios made of wood or even steel, but often times they don’t realize the long term disadvantages. Wooden or steel may split, become rottened, weathered by the elements; whereas aluminum patio structures are practically everlasting in both appearance and structural integrity.
The Benefits Of Using Aluminum Vs. Wood:
Low Maintenance: Aluminum screen enclosures require almost zero-maintenance over the years. Wood structures typically require additional maintenance costs from year to year, especially as the wood ages.
Weather Resistant: Unlike wood, there is no rotting or dry rot, peeling or corroding. Aluminum screen enclosures are not affected by outdoor elements and will not become brittle or warped.
Moisture Resistant: Our top quality aluminum materials can be used in most any environment: next to your swimming pool or hot tub, beach side or even simply in a hot and humid backyard. These are all common environments in Florida and they all have adverse effects on wood.
Pest Resistant: You will never have a termite or other wood-destroying insect problem with our aluminum patio coverings, screen room enclosures or sunrooms. One of the most frightening aspects of pest infestation is not only the safety hazard – the integrity of your structure is literally being eaten away –those nasty bugs might even spread to other areas of your home.
Fire Safety: Aluminum is a fire resistant material and helps protect your family and home during seasons of wild fires in Central Florida.
Increased Home Value: Aluminum adds long-term value to your home due to its clean lines, structural integrity and lifetime of durability. Additionally, with a screened enclosure you increase square footage in your home and that helps to increase your home’s value. Screen enclosed patios and sunrooms are consistently ranked as one of the Top 10 ways to add value to your home by realtors and brokers.
For all these reasons and more, well-designed aluminum patio screen enclosures and sunrooms are the most popular choice with Central Florida homeowners just like you. They appreciate the benefits of aluminum over wood and choose Dulando Screen and Awning to design and build the beautiful patio enclosure or sunroom for their homes.
Aluminum screen enclosures, patios, porches and sunrooms not only provide protection from the outdoor elements, but also create a well-defined structure to every home. Your outdoor living area should provide you with the extra space and comfort you deserve and be built to last for a lifetime!
Since 1968, Dulando Screen and Awning has built thousands of patio, screen and pool enclosures and sunrooms in Central Florida. We’re a local company, family owned and ready to help you learn more about a quality screen enclosure, sunroom, patio or deck for your home.
We offer free in-home consultation, please contact us today! Phone: (407) 862-6060.
Not all Screens are Created Equal
Phifer is the only brand of screen that lasts for 10-12 years – a quality, durable material for your screen enclosure. Phifer screen is idea for patio enclosures or pool enclosures.
Since 1952, Phifer has been a leader in the screen making industry and is today the world’s largest supplier of woven fiberglass pool screening. Once a patio or pool screen enclosure is built or replaced with Phifer Solar Insect Screen, you may expect up to 10-12 years of maintenance free screening to protect and beautify your home.
Why using PHIFER BRAND screens makes a difference
No other screen material offers total protection from the elements, insects and harsh solar rays. Simply stated, Phifer screen is built to last and perform better than any other product on the market. While using an inferior screening product may look the same when the job is complete, within just a few years that same screen may begin to mildew, fade and tear easily. A Phifer screen maintains that like-new look, feel and performance for a decade or more.
What is Phifer Solar Insect Screen?
Solar Insect Screen offers you the best insect protection to keep bugs and backyard critters away from your pool, deck and home. Dulando Screen and Awning uses Fiberglass 20×20 “no-see-um screen” to provide the maximum protection vs. standard fiberglass or aluminum screen.
Mesh count in a screen is very important. When understanding how the insect screen works, it’s important to know what ‘mesh count’ means as it relates to protection. This is the number of openings per linear inch on the screen. The mesh is counted by starting from the center of one wire or yarn and counting the number of openings to a point one linear inch away.
For Example: 8 X 8 mesh indicates that, in one linear inch, there are eight (8) openings. This is a standard Phifer screen. A 20 X 20 mesh indicates that in one linear inch, there are twenty (20) openings and the No-Seeums (20×20 Mesh) is of the highest quality is for those pesky no-seeums. The product’s design uses finer yarns in a tighter mesh. The design creates more holes per square inch (20 x 20) which, in turn, improves ventilation and optical clarity. The result is better performing insect screen. Dulando Screen and Awning uses 18 x 14 as a standard screen.
Phifer screen brand includes both the Solar Insect Screen and Glas-Shield products which are designed specifically for pool screen enclosure applications where extra strength, small insect prevention, and reduction of wind-blown debris are key factors in protecting a home and pool.
Phifer Pet Screen: Tough As Your Pets’ Nails
Phifer patio and pool screen is great for keeping insects and critters and debris out of your outdoor living space, however it’s not as efficient as keeping IN your pets or OUT unwanted pets or animals. Especially those with claws. That’s where Phifer Pet Screen comes in. Reassuringly sturdy, Phifer Pet Screen is 7x stronger than standard patio screen material.
Ideal areas to use Phifer Pet Screen instead of standard screen are:
- Sliding doors and outdoor kitchens
- High traffic areas where children play
- The erroneous golf or softball ball
- While not sacrificing outward visibility and insect control
More Great Features of Phifer SunScreen Products:
||Energy Savings Phifer’s range of exterior Sun Control fabrics provide great reduction in solar heat creating a more comfortable environment and less work for your air conditioner.
||Microban Phifer sun control fabrics are the only shade fabrics in the world to include Microban protection. Microban antimicrobial protection works nonstop to inhibit growth of bacteria, mold and mildew that can cause stains, odors and product deterioration. You can breathe easier knowing Microban is working to reduce these health pollutants.
||Flame Retardant Exterior Sun Control fabrics are flame retardant and meet flame certification standards based on national and local requirements. Dulando Screen and Awning knows the protection and safety of your family is priority number one.
||Greenguard Certification ensures products have met some of the world’s most rigorous and comprehensive standards for low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into indoor air.
||Lead-Free Phifer Incorporated’s entire line of Exterior Sun Control fabrics is lead free, meeting and far exceeding several window covering industry testing standards for hazardous materials.
Remember everyone will say that they use Phifer screen products on your screen pool enclosure or patio screen enclosure, but they don’t. Many screen enclosure companies use inferior screen enclosure products to reduce material costs and make more money from the project. Dulando Screen & Awning has been working with homeowners just like you since 1968. We simply won’t sacrifice quality materials or workmanship to build it cheaper. Dulando Screen & Awning prides itself on our longstanding factory direct partnership with Phifer Screen. We carry all of the Phifer screen products.
A chill in the air, a cozy fire and colorful leaves falling everywhere — these are among the outdoor pleasures of autumn. With this lovely backdrop, fall is the perfect time for backyard entertaining. Using “warm” and “cozy” as your fall entertaining bywords, a little planning and a few fall decorating ideas are all you need to host wonderful fall dinner parties alfresco. To help you get started, here are ten suggestions:
Homeowners in Florida know this time of year can be one of the busiest for tropical storm and hurricane activity. Since these volatile storms pose a major threat to your property and family, it’s important to prepare your home before hurricane season. The patio and screened enclosures are often overlooked during storm preparations; however, they can be easily secured and protected from the damaging effects of a hurricane.
As part of your outdoor living area, patios and screen pool enclosures are most susceptible to gusting winds and drenching rains. Large outdoor items such as patio furniture, umbrellas, trash cans, plant pots and wall décor need to be properly stored or secured. All too often, we’ve seen lightweight outdoor furniture, like PVC chairs and tables, become flying projectiles during a hurricane through home windows or screen pool enclosures. So when news of an approaching tropical storm or hurricane is coming your way, start with securing or storing large outdoor items such as as the following:
- Heavy items and furniture, such as a patio table, may be turned on their sides or upside down to help prevent it from being caught by the wind and tossed about the patio.
- Potted plants – even small pots can become dangerous projectiles in hurricane strength winds; therefore, they should be removed
- Patio umbrellas – close them and remove them from stands and/or patio tables. A gust of wind can send an open umbrella flying through your screen enclosure
- Decorative items – store them safely inside your home or garage to ensure protection from water damage
- Overhanging trees – cut back limbs, remove decaying branches, trim off weak limbs and loose leaves. Pay extra attention to any trees or shrubs that are close to your home and especially your patio area and screen enclosure or pool.
- Enclosed swimming pool – Pool builders recommend leaving water in your pool during a hurricane or strong storm, but adding more chlorine to reduce storm water contamination. Your pool may overflow, but will be less likely to be damaged by the storm and/or debris that may fall into it. Most importantly, cover outdoor electrical devices with appropriate waterproof material to reduce the risk of damage.
By being prepared and taking the necessary preventative measures during hurricane season, you are ensuring the safety and security of your home, family and pets.
Follow the steps we’ve outlined above and you’ll have peace of mind knowing you’ve taken care to keep you, your family and home safe this hurricane season.
If you’ve been hit by a storm and are in need of a pool enclosure replacement, please give us a call at 407-862-6060
At a glance, screen enclosures all look the same. After all, these enclosures are all made to allow air and light to pass through easily while simultaneously blocking insects and other elements. However, it may be surprising to know that not all screen enclosures are made equally. In fact, the quality of the materials can have a big impact on the lifespan of the enclosure. This is why Dulando Screen & Awning is proud to work with Structall aluminum. Structall is a leader among aluminum manufacturers, offering the best high quality screens to contractors around the country.
To better understand why choosing Structall aluminum is so important, consider the following four advantages of premium aluminum screens.
- Durability. Screen enclosures face the elements, so it is essential that the screen enclosure contractor uses the right materials. Structall aluminum has a natural oxide coating. This coating serves as the perfect barrier, holding off the effects of almost every type of weather. This includes water, wind and salt. Aluminum also handles temperature changes well.
- Strength. At first, almost every screen enclosure looks good. After a few months of use, however, the signs of wear and tear can become evident. This is not the case with Structall aluminum. Structall patio covers are so strong that it is commonly used for spaceflight. In fact, it is estimated that two thirds of the aluminum products that have been manufactured are still in use. This strength is almost unprecedented, making Structall aluminum the perfect choice for any residential or commercial screen enclosure.
- Safety. Aluminum screens are also among the safest choices. To start with, aluminum is nontoxic, which makes it a great choice for children. Since it is not prone to corrosion, there is a lower risk of flaking and it is less likely to break or collapse. Better still, aluminum is significantly lighter than other choices like wood or steel.
- Environmentally friendly. On top of everything else, aluminum is a very green choice. Aluminum manufacturers can recycle aluminum almost indefinitely. More than that, aluminum is a naturally occurring element that exists in excess. Aluminum is the third most common element, making it environmentally friendly and affordable.
These advantages have a real impact on the final product. When choosing a screen enclosure contractor, it is important to know what products they use in order to gauge whether they are worth hiring. A contractor who uses Structall you know will get the job done right.
If you’re looking for a screen enclosure that looks good today, tomorrow and for years to come, consider Dulando’s aluminum screen enclosures.