What makes swimming pool enclosures smart investments? These structures seem like a simple blend of aluminum and screen. However, when you add clever design and quality craftsmanship to the mix, you get something that’s more than the sum of its parts. Savvy homeowners recognize that a swimming pool screen enclosure delivers significant benefits.
Top Benefits of Swimming Pool Enclosures
1. Higher Property Values
Not all home improvements are created equal. Some improve the look of your home. Some offer practical benefits. A special few deliver both of those positives and a sizeable boost to your property values. Pool enclosures fall in that category. In fact, building a pool screen enclosure typically translates into an increase in your home’s value equal to about 50% of the structure’s cost.
2. Enhanced Curb Appeal
Curb appeal is always a hot commodity. An attractive home gives you a sense of pride and creates a good first impression. It also helps to keep things cordial with your neighbors. And, if you do decide to sell, it means that you’ll have one less thing to worry about when plotting your strategy for luring potential buyers. How do the swimming pool screen enclosures enhance your home’s curb appeal? There are many types of screen enclosures. With so many styles and options to choose from, it’s easy to find one that suits your home and creates a more attractive, more efficient pool area.
3. Extra Safety
A pool enclosure keeps intruders out of your pool area. Keep your home safer by preventing unsupervised kids from entering your pool. A pool screen enclosure can definitely help protect you from these types of property liability issues. Unsupervised kids aren’t the only potential unexpected guests. It also keeps alligators, snakes, frogs, bugs and birds at bay, so you aren’t unpleasantly surprised while swimming. As an added bonus, quality screen enclosures are built to withstand Florida’s strong winds and up to state code for hurricanes. They offer a bit of shelter to your pool and its systems when things get stormy.
4. Lower Pool Maintenance Costs
Enclosing your pool means helps to keep contaminants like debris, algae and phosphates out of your pool water. You’ll also cut the sun’s impact and reduce evaporation. These changes will save you time and money. Keeping your pool water clean and healthy will require less effort and fewer expensive chemicals. Plus, your pool’s systems won’t need to work as hard. Reducing their burden can extend their lifespan, which can increase your return on your investment.
5. Greater Comfort
Undoubtedly, comfort is one of the reasons that swimming pool enclosures are great investments. Installing a pool enclosure means that you’ll enjoy cooler, cleaner water, increased sun protection and more privacy. It expands your home’s living space by furnishing an outdoor room that’s ideal for relaxing, exercising or entertaining. While that kind of comfort may be hard to assign a dollar value to, it’s easy to appreciate.
How could you enhance your outdoor living space with a swimming pool screen enclosure? Whether you have a clear mental picture of what you want or are still searching for inspiration and ideas, Dulando Screen & Awning can help you create your perfect screen enclosure. Contact us today at 407-862-6060 to schedule a free design consultation.
Are you tempted to take a chance on a pool screen enclosure kit? It’s understandable. After all, these popular enclosures seem like simple structures. How hard could it be to put one together from premanufactured pieces? Then, second thoughts give you pause. If it’s so easy, why do many Floridians turn to a professional pool enclosure contractor? Which approach is better: doing it yourself or hiring a pro? Reviewing the pros and cons of pool screen enclosure kits can help you decide.
The Pros of Pool Screen Enclosure Kits
Why consider using a kit to build your own DIY pool enclosure? Kits are associated with some advantages:
- Price. Whenever you hire someone to provide a service, labor costs add to your bill. Building a pool screen enclosure yourself means that you don’t have to pay for someone else to do it. If all goes well, this could reduce the final price tag of the project.
- Timing. Skilled contractors are in demand, so hiring someone can mean getting the job done on their schedule. If you do it yourself, then you don’t have to wait on someone else’s availability. You’re in charge of the timing.
The Cons of Pool Screen Enclosure Kits
Why do so many Floridians prefer to leave the job to a trusted pro? Kits do have cons:
- Value. Cost and value are distinctly different. Using a kit may save you money upfront. However, bringing in a professional pool enclosure contractor often produces better value. A pro can offer expert advice about design, materials and products. Plus, they can deliver quality workmanship. The result is often a better enclosure and a better return on your investment. Especially if you ever sell your home.
- Time. While you may have more control of the timing with a kit, you’ll invest many more hours in the project if you take a DIY approach. Time is precious, and yours has value. Consider how much it’s worth when deciding which path to take.
- Safety. You may be able to put together a tool kit, but should you? Do you have the skills and tools to do the job correctly? Can you complete it safely? Remember that you’ll be working around a pool, which makes installation tricky. What about when the job is done? Any mistake in the installation could turn the enclosure into a hazard to those using the pool. Are you confident that the swimming pool enclosure will be solid and safe? Please consider safety during and after the build.
- Quality. A reputable contractor designs and installs enclosures that are built to withstand Florida’s rough weather that sometimes rocks the Sunshine State, and many offer guarantees or warranties. Not all kits are intended for stormy weather, especially hurricane-force winds. Make sure they offer the same level of protection according to Florida building laws. Remember, these pool screen enclosure kits will still need to pass inspection.
- Selection. There are plenty of pool screen enclosure kits to choose from. However, top pool enclosure contractors can customize their products. They’ll work with you to design a screen enclosure that fits your pool area, your home’s style, your preferences and your budget. Therefore, the options are limitless.
If you’re considering a pool enclosure kit, please make sure to weigh the pros and the cons. In the meantime, Dulando Screen & Awning, has been providing our fellow Floridians with custom screen pool enclosures for half a century. Let us show you the difference that working with an expert makes. Contact us today at 407-862-6060 to request a free in-home design consultation.
You already know that building a pool enclosure can enhance your pool area and your outdoor living space. A well-designed swimming pool screen enclosure can make your pool area more comfortable, reduce maintenance demands and add value to your property. Unfortunately, there are also some pitfalls if you’re not careful. A shoddy, poorly designed enclosure will add nothing but headaches and hassles to your days. Therefore, how do you ensure that you’ll be delighted with your new pool enclosure? For starters, avoid these common mistakes.
Be Careful When Building a Pool Enclosure
Not Respecting Your Budget
When it comes to pool screen enclosure cost, sticking to your budget isn’t being miserly. It’s being responsible. An experienced pool enclosure contractor won’t flinch when faced with a budget. We understand that most homeowners don’t have an unlimited budget when building a pool enclosure. Therefore, we’ll work with you to find a solution that works for your space, your needs and your wallet.
Focusing Solely on the Project’s Price Tag
While the initial cost of your new pool screen enclosure is important, it should never be your top priority. Here are a few items that might cost a little more:
- Working with an experienced contractor may cost a little more than working with an inexperienced contractor, but it is generally money well spent. You’ll end up with a better pool enclosure, better customer experience and more value overall.
- Opting for a custom pool enclosure that is designed for your space allows you to make the best use of your space.
- Working with a knowledgeable professional reduces your stress. It also builds confidence in your choices and their results.
- Lastly, spending a little more upfront for quality materials and systems often leads to greater durability and lower operating costs.
All of these can add up to substantial savings over time when building a pool enclosure.
Not Considering the Environment
Florida may be famous for its humid warmth and sunny skies, but the weather here isn’t always friendly. Strong storms and high winds are frequent visitors, so anything that is built in the Sunshine State must be built to withstand nature’s fury. That means pool enclosures must have the right materials and making smart design choices that meet or exceed the relevant State, County and City building codes.
Not Working With an Experienced Pool Enclosure Company
Why is it so important to choose an experienced pool enclosure company? Working with an established, reputable company ensures that they understand a wide range of options for building a pool enclosure and how to achieve your vision for your backyard. In short, you’ll receive what you pay for. An experienced pool enclosure company will have an abundance of resources and familiarization of different types of projects. It is vital that you choose a pool enclosure company that is meticulous about fabrication and installation. Essentially, they bring their experience to your project.
Dulando Screen & Awning has been serving the Orlando area for more than half a century. We know screen pool enclosures inside and out. We delight in walking our customers through the process of designing and installing a custom pool screen enclosure. Are you ready to improve your pool area with a screen enclosure? Contact us today at 407-862-6060 to explore the possibilities and schedule a free in-home design consultation.
The great outdoors is a beautiful place, but it’s not a nuisance-free zone. Biting mosquitoes, annoying no-see-ums, skin-damaging ultraviolet rays, wind-swept debris, nosy neighbors and other irritations can make enjoying your outdoor living spaces a challenge. That’s why your choice of pool enclosure screen material is so important. Selecting the right screen will keep common outdoor annoyances at bay and allow you to make the most of your pool area with less worry. Today, a variety of screening options with appealing features are available. What are some popular options when it comes to pool screen material?
Types of Pool Enclosure Screen Material
Whether they bite, sting or simply fly around driving you crazy, an invasion of insects can make spending time outdoors miserable. Installing insect screening in your pool enclosure creates a barrier that keeps bugs out. Since it also helps to keep lawn debris like grass clippings, leaves and branches out, it can reduce the amount of pool maintenance needed.
With the risk of painful sunburns and deadly skin cancers widely recognized, the importance of protecting your skin from the sun is clear. Unfortunately, it’s easy to go wrong when applying sunscreen. Solar screens offer an extra layer of protection by blocking some of the sun’s harmful rays. How much protection do they offer? Phifer’s Super Solar pool enclosures can block up to 90% of the sun’s heat and glare. Solar screens also help to keep the climate within your pool enclosure more comfortable. They limit solar gain on hot summer days and reduce solar loss when temperatures dip.
Regular screening isn’t particularly fragile. However, it’s no match for gnawing teeth, shredding claws or a rambunctious nature. When pets or children will be frequenting a screened space, you need extra durability. Pet screen delivers that. It’s tougher screening and sturdier frames can help to protect your family’s safety and your pool enclosure’s integrity without blocking your view or the breeze.
Outdoor living spaces are delightful escapes, but they are vulnerable to encroaching neighbors and passersby. When the rest of the world is a little too close for comfort, a privacy screen for pool enclosure can offer a welcome respite.
A vinyl-coated screen, Florida glass offers a look similar to frosted glass with less weight and better durability. As a result, Florida glass pool enclosures deliver the ideal mix of privacy, comfort and attractiveness. They keep prying eyes, annoying insects and troublesome debris out of your pool area so you can relax.
With over 50 years of award-winning design and installation service, Dulando Screen & Awning understands the importance of selecting the right pool screen material for your enclosure. That’s why we exclusively use Phifer screening materials. These top-quality screens offer both amazing value and the right mix of features for Floridians. Are you ready to enhance your outdoor living space with a pool screen enclosure? Do you want to know more about pool enclosure screen material and design? Turn to an expert. Contact Dulando Screen & Awning today at 407-862-6060 to request a free in-home design consultation.
Many people believe summer is the only season that Florida experiences. People who live here know that there’s another season that demands attention: hurricane season. The Sunshine State is often in the path of these destructive storms. That’s why hurricane protection tips are practically required reading for Floridians. Not only are we stocking up on water, food, medications and batteries, we also need to take steps to protect our property. How do you protect your pool screen enclosure in the event of a hurricane? Here are the top 7 hurricane protection tips for your pool screen enclosure.
1. Brace Your Screen Enclosure – You’ll need to wait until a storm is looming to put some pool screen enclosure hurricane protection tips to good use. However, others can be handled in advance. Using hurricane braces are a perfect example. When bad weather takes down pool screen enclosures, inadequate bracing is often to blame. Pool enclosure hurricane braces reinforce the structural integrity of the pool enclosure. Verifying that your pool cage has hurricane braces before a storm arrives can minimize damage.
2. Check Your Enclosure’s Hardware – Screws are small, but they can have a major effect when it comes to pool enclosure hurricane safety. Florida’s high humidity allows rust to flourish, and rusted fasteners leave a structure weak. Checking that your enclosure is built with corrosion-resistant fasteners is a simple way to ensure that it’s got the strength to survive nasty weather.
3. Maintain Your Landscaping – Probably the most important of all the hurricane protection tips is this one. Dead trees, weak branches and fragile bushes are unlikely to survive an encounter with strong winds. Be proactive. At any time during the year, maintain your landscaping to decrease the chances that yard debris will tear through your screen enclosure.
4. Eliminate Potential Projectiles – Strong winds can send things like planters, grills and patio furniture flying. Storing these items in a safe place when forecasters start calling for a severe storm prevents them from becoming dangerous projectiles. Do you have some things in your patio area that are too big to move? Consider locking them down in place with heavy-duty tie-downs or chains.
5. Create a Path of Least Resistance – When gusts of wind come charging through, inviting them to take a particular path can limit the damage that they do in other areas. If a hurricane is expected, consider removing the doors or even some of the screen panels from your enclosure if its design allows for it. You’ll have to decide whether this is an option as the storm approaches. By creating additional wind flow, this may help you avoid torn screens.
6. Prep the Pool – What about the pool that your screen enclosure surrounds? Keep it full to help it withstand the pressure of groundwater and wind. If you use chlorine, add an extra dose of this chemical to help the pool water fend off contamination from the storm.
7. Flip the Switch on the Pool Area – It’s no secret that water and electricity don’t play nicely together. Heavy rains and flooding can send pool water surging into your pool’s systems. To reduce the risk of electric shock and equipment damage, turn off the breaker for your pool area before the hurricane hits.
As a local, family-owned company, Dulando Screen & Awning is proud to provide the central Florida and coastal markets with top-notch screen enclosures of all shapes and sizes. Our custom pool screen enclosures are designed and built to withstand our occasionally wicked weather which includes the occasional hurricane. To explore the possibilities, call us at 407-862-6060 to schedule your free consultation.
You’ve made the decision that you want a new pool screen enclosure, but how do you know what questions to ask? If you’re looking to schedule an appointment with a trusted screen enclosure company, it’s important to make the most of your pool enclosure consultation. What should you expect during the consultation?
A custom pool enclosure consultation typically lasts between 60 and 90 minutes. In that time, the representative will measure your space and ask about your preferences. They’ll discuss the materials that can be used in the construction of your screened pool enclosure. They’ll show you some design suggestions and help you explore the possibilities. In addition, they’ll answer your questions.
Top Questions to Ask During a Pool Enclosure Consultation
- Do you have experience with projects like mine? An experienced contractor has handled all kinds of pool enclosure installation projects. With experience comes a partner who will help you avoid common pitfalls. We have the expertise to handle projects of all sizes, shapes and varieties. As to see examples of comparable projects similar to what you want.
- Are you licensed and insured? Florida welcomes lots of transplants from other places. This is good for our economy, but it’s not always good for business. Make sure your pool enclosure contractor is fully licensed and insured. As a family-owned and -operated company, we make excellence a priority. Everything we build meets or exceeds the applicable Florida building codes.
- Who will take care of any permits? Dulando handles all necessary permitting. We can even help you get approval from your homeowner’s association.
- Do you guarantee your work? At Dulando, we stand behind our projects. We blend award-winning designs, top-notch materials from trusted manufacturers and meticulous craftsmanship to produce custom designs that you’ll enjoy for decades.
- How long does it take to build a pool enclosure? A variety of factors can impact scheduling, including the contractor’s workload, the permitting process and the project’s complexity. Generally, constructing a pool screen enclosure takes between three and six weeks after permitting has been approved.
- What factors impact pool screen enclosure cost? Factors that determine your enclosure’s cost include the size and location of your pool and the size and design of your enclosure. The materials that you choose and the complexity of the installation also matter. At Dulando, we use thoughtful designs, quality materials and time-tested expertise to deliver fantastic value.
- Can a pool enclosure withstand bad weather and hurricanes? Florida’s afternoon heavy storms can be destructive. At Dulando, we’ve built a pool enclosure on the Florida coast as well as inland. We know the importance of following strict building codes to protect homeowners and their property. Our structures are built according to code which will withstand between 130 – 150 mph winds in case of a hurricane. This variable is based on the county building code.
- What can I do to ensure my pool enclosure privacy? Do you crave a place to relax that’s free from prying eyes? There’s a screen for that. At Dulando, we use Phifer screening products because they deliver the features customers want. Phifer’s privacy screen blocks the view of those looking in while still allowing you to see out. Are you eager to avoid sunburns? Choose Phifer’s sun screen. Are you looking for a stronger screen designed to withstand pets and small children? Choose Phifer pet screen.
Whatever you’re looking for, we’ll be happy to help you find the right product for your new pool screen enclosure.
Are you ready to enhance your outdoor living spaces with a screened pool enclosure? Contact Dulando today at 407-862-6060 to schedule your free in-home pool enclosure consultation.