It’s no secret you’ve heard that surrounding your swimming pool with a screen enclosure forms a protective barrier that enhances safety and keeps bugs and minor debris out of your pool area. Those may be the obvious advantages of a Florida pool enclosure, but they are far from the only ones. While these seven benefits may surprise you, we’re sure you’ll appreciate them.
1. Sun Protection – There’s a reason that Florida is called the Sunshine State. The Florida sun is both beautiful and relentless. A swimming pool enclosure that uses Phifer Solar Screen lets in plenty of the sunlight that people love. It also screens out 70% to 90% of the sun’s heat and glare as well as the harmful ultraviolet rays that are so very damaging to the skin. Enclosing your pool with a screened enclosure allows you to enjoy an afternoon of swimming or lounging without constantly reapplying your sunscreen.
Additional Reading: Choosing the Right Pool Enclosure Screen Material
2. Cooler Water – Diving into the pool is supposed to be a great way to cool off. Unfortunately, Florida’s strong sun and soaring temperatures can make any place exposed to direct sunlight too warm for comfort, including your pool. Filtering the sun with a screen enclosure means that your pool’s water stays cooler. As a result, your afternoon or evening swim is refreshing and comfortable.
3. Privacy – Do you want your pool to be a refuge? Are you longing for a secluded space to relax and exercise without worrying about what the neighbors seeing you? When privacy matters, a swimming pool screen enclosure is a must. After all, there’s a wide range of screening products to choose from. It’s easy to select one that protects you from prying eyes.
4. Style Opportunities – Is creating a space that reflects your style something that you enjoy? With so many styles, materials and options, a custom screen enclosure offer a chance to add both practicality and flair to your pool area. From adding custom Alumawood columns to beautiful patio paver bricks, there are so many ways to create a backyard oasis.
5. Reduced Chemical Requirements – By shielding your pool from the steamy Florida sun, a swimming pool enclosure slows both evaporation and algae growth. As a result, you need fewer chemicals to keep your pool water clean and healthy. That means you can spend less time and less money on pool maintenance.
6. A Longer Life for the Pool – When debris tumbles into your pool, it makes your filter work harder. If you have an above-ground pool, debris can also damage your pool’s liner. Because a swimming pool screen enclosure keeps debris, critters and other troubles out of your pool, having one can extend your pool’s lifespan.
7. Increased Property Value – Your home is an investment, so it’s always wise to think about how any change might impact its value. What effect does a Florida pool enclosure have? Generally speaking, your home’s value will be increased in an amount equal to roughly 50 percent of the pool screen enclosure cost.
How will a pool screen enclosure enhance your outdoor living space? When you’re ready to explore the possibilities, turn to Dulando Screen & Awning. We’ve been building Florida pool enclosures and screen patios for over 50 years. Our custom screen enclosures are designed by highly trained experts to meet your needs, engineered specifically for your home by a licensed engineer and built with top-quality materials by skilled craftsmen. Contact us today at 407-862-6060 to schedule your free in-home consultation.