In Central Florida, nothing is more enjoyable than a screened porch or pool screen enclosures. They will help you make the most of your outdoor living, and all in the comfort of your home! It’s one of the main reasons why pool screen enclosures and pool decks have become so popular with Florida homeowners, not to mention outdoor entertaining.
This checklist will help you understand and prepare for the design and build process of your screen enclosed structure. We’ll cover everything from the survey to building permits, Home Owners Association (HOA) concerns, to information concerning fabrication, installation and inspection – all to help you create the perfect screen patio enclosure or pool enclosure.
Building pool screen enclosures or patio enclosures seem exciting until you need to get started. But before jumping ahead and choosing the type of design and layout you would like, there are some less exciting things to consider so your project turns out just the way you want it.
We’ve prepared a simple 4-Point Checklist to make sure that your project stays on track and the project runs smoothly, from start to finish:
1. Budget: If you don’t know already you should work up an idea of how much you want to spend on your screen enclosure project. Setting a budget will help guide you as you make decisions about what to include in the structure. Once you’ve figured out a project budget amount, you’ll have a better sense of what you can spend on screening materials, fixtures, and extras.
Additional Reading: Factors in Screen Enclosure Cost and How To Maximize Your Budget
2. Time: Many people assume that if they are building (or renovating) pool screen enclosures, it will only take a few days. This is not necessarily the case. Depending on variables such as permitting, HOA approval, weather and other factors, you or your contractor will have to go through all the same steps as a larger screen enclosure. However, planning refers not only to defining the timeline of the project work but also may include intermediate steps, such as a land survey, measuring the project area, fabrication, installation and inspection.
3. Pool Screen Enclosures Sequence: When it comes to building a patio or pool screen enclosure, completing the job in a specific sequence saves you and your family any confusion or concern over what to expect throughout the building process. Yes, you may need a building permit, which includes local zoning approval before construction may begin. Here is the sequence of steps involved when building a patio and/or pool screen enclosure:
- Contact Dulando Screen & Awning for a Free In-Home Design Consultation.
- During your consultation, the Dulando team member will provide you with a quote (of the cost) for the screen enclosure project.
- When you/we have gathered all the required information (contract to build, design, Notice of Commencement, survey), you’re ready to request HOA approval (if required) and apply for a building permit from your local municipality, city or county building/zoning agency. Keep in mind, this may step may take a day or two, or a week or two – it all depends on how quickly the approving agency processes the request(s).
- After all permits and building requests are confirmed as approved, a Dulando team member will verify the measurements and begin the fabrication of your custom pool or patio screen enclosure.
- Once fabrication is complete, our team of licensed and insured installers will come out to your property to install your new, custom-designed patio or pool screen enclosure. Please note: For the safety of your home and our team members, inclement/stormy weather may delay the installation of your outdoor screen enclosure.
- The last step involves an inspection of the screen enclosure project by your local municipality, city or county building/zoning agency.
4. Enjoy Your New Patio Or Pool Screen Enclosure: Once installed, it’s yours to enjoy, year-round, with family and friends! Consider your new outdoor living space as a wonderful extension of your home. By adding décor and outdoor furniture, you will create an inviting, relaxing space for you, your family and guests.
Need help or have additional questions? Please call (407) 862-6060 for assistance from one of our friendly and helpful team members. Whatever your question, Dulando Screen & Awning is here for you!
Since 1968, our goal is to make your backyard dream a reality by turning your outdoor space into a paradise for you and your family. Dulando has created pool screen enclosures and enclosed screen patios for over 50 years. Our team of professionals will work with you on a patio screen or swimming pool screen enclosure design to best suit your needs and stay within your budget. Please ask us about our referrals and testimonials – our past clients can tell you more about the great work we’ve done for them and their home(s) over the years!