Why do so many homeowners in the Sunshine State believe carports are fantastic? If you ask around, you’re likely to hear an assortment of answers. That’s because these simple structures offer a wide range of advantages. Here are the top seven reasons to consider building a carport for your home.
1. Protection. The skies aren’t always sunny in Florida. Constant exposure to the elements can cause an automobile’s paint to fade. When the weather turns rough, they can suffer damage from hail, wind-driven debris, and other hazards. Parking under a carport offers protection that can keep your vehicle in better condition.
2. Comfort. Getting into a car that’s been parked in the sun can feel like settling into a sauna. A carport offers welcome shade that keeps your vehicle’s interior cooler and more comfortable. It also provides shelter from precipitation. It is far easier to stay dry on rainy days if you can get out of the car and get organized before dealing with an umbrella. What about those times when you return home after dark?
3. Security. A carport offers a sense of security as you exit your vehicle at night. In fact, an attached carport may allow you to enter your home without stepping out from under cover.
4. Versatility. Carports can be used for more than parking vehicles. These versatile structures can provide a shaded workplace, a spot to corral children’s toys, or easily accessed storage for yard equipment. They can even be used as an impromptu patio. Are you concerned a summer shower might rain on your outdoor gathering? Simply park the car elsewhere and arrange your lawn furniture beneath the carport’s roof.
It’s hard to find a more user-friendly structure than an aluminum carport. There are no doors to open or close. If you build an attached carport, you simply walk out your front door to your car, get in and go. What about maintenance? Aluminum carports are ideal if you want an attractive structure that will serve you well without requiring a lot of upkeep.
If you want a sheltered spot to park your car, you could build a garage, but that’s an expensive undertaking. An aluminum carport offers an affordable alternative. Adding a carport can be a clever way to increase your home’s curb appeal. Many people appreciate the practical benefits of these popular structures. Are you concerned about aesthetics? With so many carport designs to choose from, it isn’t hard to find one that suits your style.
If making environmentally friendly choices is important to you, aluminum carports are definitely worth a closer look. After all, aluminum isn’t just a low-maintenance material. It’s recyclable too.
Additional Reading: Building a Carport
- Aluminum Carports vs. Metal Carports: Which is Better in Florida
- Tips When Building an Aluminum Carport
- The Differences Between Metal Carports and Aluminum Carports
If you’re thinking about building a carport, we hope we’ve sweetened the pot by providing a few more reasons why an aluminum carport is a good idea. Whatever your reason is, the professionals at Dulando Screen & Awning can help. With our design experience, insistence on quality materials and in-house fabrication shop, we deliver excellence every time. Contact us today at 407-862-6060 to request a free estimate for your custom aluminum carport.